Thursday, April 3, 2025

I’m not a guitarist

 When I started, the strings hurt my young hands too much.


Nevertheless, I lose my worries in the waves of sound rising in intricate melodies.


One song says ‘yes - love is what this is.’


One sounds like laughing children on vacation with their families.


One sounds sweet and sad, like a time-worn saying to comfort mothers.


One sounds like a teenager abroad in an unknown city, gentle and brilliant new leaves.


One sounds like a woman patiently tending a beautiful store.


Fill my life with music; while I won’t play, I will sing. 


The world stopped and I became quiet and blue.


After all this time, you fall into the love songs’ ecstasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Devotion

Some part of you is always yourself at 12 with the clunky black laptop that held your poems in a scroll THE RESURRECTION Listening to the ra...